Rhode Island was around a -230 betting favorite over New Ham

Régulièrement un petit geste à faire expliqué.

Modérateur: Airane

Rhode Island was around a -230 betting favorite over New Ham

Messagede liny195 le Lun Avr 22, 2019 3:19 am

Little League World Series. (Yes Reggie Jackson Jersey , if you were unaware, you can bet on the LLWS.) Rhode Island was down 5-0 entering the final frame -- and down 5-3 with only one out left -- but stormed back in epic fashion to win.New Hampshire bettors (odds around +190) need a hug.There are levels of degeneracy.Betting on regular season baseball? against New Hampshire in the New England Regional, I slammed it.The game ticked all my boxes: early on a Friday afternoon, a bona fide can’t miss play, and the opportunity to expand the breadth of my gambling repertoire.Put me down for 5 units.I got the first text at lunch: “1-0 New Hampshire.” No problem. Baseball’s a long game. Still eight innings to go!“Five innings.”What? “Five innings to go. It’s Little League, they only play six.”Oh, uh, learn something new every day.New Hampshire tacked on another in the second. Its ace was dealing. In the office, we decided that Will Perkowski would inevitably win a Cy Young one day.In the fourth, the floodgates opened. New Hampshire added three runs in the top half of the inning, including a back-breaking fifth run that squeaked across on a staple play in Little League baseball: send the runner from first, wait for the throw down to second, send the guy on third.I pulled that play off dozens of times when I was 12; now it was burning a hole in my bankroll.>> For a LIMITED TIME http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , get Action Network PRO for just $3.99/monthPerkowski cruised through the fourth and fifth — all told he’d only allowed two hits when he entered the bottom of the sixth, up 5-0.In the office, we were despondent. Most attention had already turned to the more professional afternoon baseball in Chicago. The interns voted to forgo their afternoon coffee run. I marked my bet-tracking-spreadsheet with a big fat “L.”And then … a single.And then another single.And then a two-run triple!Rhode Island was on the board at 5-2. Suddenly Perkowski wasn’t a Cy Young candidate, he was just another 12-year-old in danger of crying on national television as his coach asked for the ball.In came Cam Hujsak, who after surrendering a single up the middle to make it 5-3, quickly got two pop-ups to put Rhode Island down to its last out.But Rhode Island wasn’t going down quietly.A walk after a lengthy battle from the No. 8 hitter.A single up the middle from the No. 9 hitter Dylan Mourao, who twisted his ankle rounding first.Now it was the top of the order (they might not have nine innings in Little League, but they sure do have nine batters).Hujsak jumped out to a 1-2 lead on Tyler Simon, and twice thought he’d struck out Rhode Island’s No. 1 hitter. But Simon fouled off pitch after pitch before working a bases-loaded walk to make the score 5-4.Hujsak got the hook, tears streaming down his face, because again, these kids are 12 and on national television.Isaac Morin came in. Steve The Intern, who had gotten the office on this LLWS kick in the first place, audibly groaned. “This kid is throwing gas.” And he was — the catcher’s glove made a distinctly different sound when this kid was pounding the zone.It mattered not. Tommy Turner ripped the first pitch he saw up the middle. The runner on third scampered home. The centerfielder bobbled the ball. And Dylan Mourao Glenn Hubbard Jersey , who but five minutes earlier had been barely able to walk, was right on his heels.He beat the throw and the tag to give Rhode Island an improbable 6-5 walk-off win.Here in New York, the office exploded. Drinks were spilled. Someone might have almost knocked over an entire shelf of bobbleheads in celebration.The intern’s afternoon coffee run was back on.And I sheepishly changed the “L” in my tracking spreadsheet to a “W.”The boys from Coventry, Rhode Island are back in action Saturday at 1 p.m. ET against Pittsfield, Massachusetts, on ESPN.You can bet I’ll be tuning in. Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesThe Boston Red Sox can clinch their fourth World Series title since 2004 Sunday night at Dodger Stadium.Boston holds a 3-1 series lead over the Los Angeles Dodgers after its come-from-behind victory in Game 4.Given the way the series has played out, Game 5 should produce a new set of unexpected twists, with the first being David Price earning the startinstead of Chris Sale for the Red Sox.Clayton Kershaw will oppose Price and is looking to deliver the third straight quality start by a Los Angeles starter and send the series back to Boston. Game 5 InformationStart Time:8:15 p.m. ETTV:FoxLive Stream:Fox Sports app or Fox Sports Go How Can Dodgers Rebound from Brutal Loss?The final three innings of Game 4 were littered with bad decisions by Dodgers manager Dave Roberts.Sean M. Haffey/Getty ImagesThe downward spiral began when Roberts removed starter Rich Hill after he struck out Eduardo Nunez for the first out of the seventh.Hill, who allowed one hit and one earned run while striking out seven batters, was at 91 pitches and could have continued, but Roberts opted to go to his bullpen.Scott Alexander, who replaced Hill, walked Xander Bogaerts, and Ryan Madson gave up the three-run home run to Mitch Moreland that ignited the Boston comeback.Roberts' decision to pull Hill looked even worse in the eighth and ninth innings Rickey Henderson Jersey , as Kenley Jansen gave up the game-winning home run and the combination of Dylan Floro, Alex Wood and Kenta Maeda struggled.Because of Roberts' poor decision-making, the Dodgers lost all of the momentum they gained from the 18-inning win in Game 3 and face a must-win game Sunday.The good news for Los Angeles entering Game 5 is Kershaw hasgiven up one earned run in his two victorious home starts during the 2018 postseason.If Kershaw produces similar numbers as Walker Buehler in Game 3 and Hill in Game 4, the Dodgers will have an opportunity to win the game.Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty ImagesHowever, Roberts could be the difference between winning and losing once again as he attempts to put together the best lineup possible against Boston's left-handed starter David Price.In Game 2 against Price, Roberts started all of his right-handed batters, but the Dodgers manager called on his left-handed bats once the Boston starter departed the mound.If Roberts employs the same strategy in Game 5, he'll rely on Max Muncy, Joc Pederson, Cody Bellinger and Yasmani Grandal to come up with clutch hits in one or two at-bats.The one player Roberts shouldn't worry about is Yasiel Puig, who rocked a three-run home run off left-handed pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez in Game 4.If Puig, who has a .250 batting average against left-handed pitching compared to a .290 clip versus right-handed pitchers, finds success against Price, the Dodgers should get out to an early lead.Red Sox Taking Risk by Starting PriceUp until Saturday night Catfish Hunter Jersey , Sale was expected to be the Game 5 starter for the Red Sox, but Cora unveiled Price as the man for the job after the Game 4 victory.As much as the Red Sox would love to close out the series at Dodger Stadium with Sale on the hill, Cora is making the right decision by going with Price.By opting for Price in Game 5, Cora will be able to call on a fresh Sale to start Game 6 at home if the series gets to that point or go to his ace in the eighth or ninth inning to close out the series Sunday.Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesIt is a risk worth taking because of Price's new-found success as a starter in the postseason.In his past two playoff starts, Price gave up two earned runs on six hits while striking out 14 batters in a pair of six-inning outings.If Price turns in a similar outing in Game 5, the Red Sox should be in position to go to their bullpen to close out the championship.However, Price isn't completely fresh. He tossed 0.2 innings in relief in Game 3 and warmed up in the bullpen at the end of Game 4.With only two true days of rest under his belt, Price could struggle early and force Cora to use his already-extended bullpen as early as the third or fourth inning to limit the runs produced by the home side.Follow Joe on Twitter, JTansey90.
liny195
Ourson courageux

Retourner vers Les écogestes